Monday, September 20, 2010

The Honda Civic Tour

The Honda Civic Tour was ace. Sorted and safe, mate. Traveled to SJ with some black people I know. One is very light so he’s non-threatening. Touched ground and headed to the HP Pavilion. I have never seen or experienced hate or judgment but I guess I had to encounter it sooner or later.

Booooo..
Justin Beiber was standing next to Alex, she was ~starstruck. Kadawata, a band from Sweden, aka Sav from Degrassi, opened and they were good. Proper set with good vocals. Big ups Sav. New Found Glory was up and with them I led the tribe to the front: It was do or die time. ontherealbro. That set was mental. Took me back to Jr. High. Proper memories.

After them Tegan and Sara were next and my gayness came out and Justin Beiber popped up in front of me with gauges. 3rd row center and oh the happiness. Tegan and Sara rocked it and even more. They expressed how glad they were that they were turning 30 in two days (today) and thus becoming cougars. Adorableness. Plus Tegan calling “Sara aka Justin Beiber”. LOL. They seriously lived up to their awesomely whitty banter they always do at shows. Plus I got a dance lesson from the Quin Twins; The Canadian Shuffle and got intimate with Sara.


(Dear Tegan, Stick your hands inside of my pockets Keep them warm while I’m still here)
Paramore was next and FIT was the set. 3rd row center and bomb, bomb, bomb. Opened with Ignorance and Hayley and Josh did a little acoustic country song, strange but okay whatever. A lil acoustic set in the middle of the set and that was intimate and sweet. This year must be my cursed year because of all the shit that has happened to me at shows and well, this show was no exception. I left to look for Alex because I thought she had left since she was no longer near me and Malcolm and as I walked out I got a rush of wind or something and had to get out, got some water from the paramedic and fml. Got back in but didn’t attempt to get to the front again because it was close to the end. But the end was mint and proper. Overall, mint ass night and I got to see New Found Glory and Tegan and Sara for the first time and Paramore for the fourth.


Post show drive and search for In-N-Out. Destination Fairfield and fuck yeah! Number 2 and pink lemonade. California ftw.
Photos courtesy of non-threatening black bloke

No comments:

Post a Comment