Sunday, September 5, 2010

American Carnage Tour

So my friend Will had an extra ticket to the Slayer American Carnage Tour, that included Megadeth. He asked me if I wanted to go since he had nobody that was interested. I was like, sure, why not. I love shows and this was a free ticket. Not really my genre or scene but it’s an experience and I’m all up for that. It was cool, I pointed out to Will that Megadeth’s backdrop resembled Harry Potter’s film posters. I ruined Megadeth’s backdrop for him; It was fun. This was Will’s second ever concert and first ever mosh pit. He was excited and I was/am glad to pop his pit cherry. We walked in there and he wanted me to lead him to the front since I’m tiny and he’s a huge 6 foot lad. We got to the circle pit and I participated in my first ever circle pit and tripped and fell flat on my ass/side/face. Basically I was on the ground. I didn’t attempt to participate in the circle pit, especially in a Metal show but as I ran for the front, my awkward self some hoe fell into it. A dude picked me up and I stayed on the outer lining of the pit. I saw Will running and being mental; it was ace. We left the pit and sat in the seats then went in later for Slayer. I led him in cause he wanted to go in closer and we did then all of a sudden I was in the middle of one small pit and the regular, huge-ass pit and as I was being shuffled and jumped around, this

was vivid in my mind and I started laughing like a mental person. It depicts the exact scenario I was partaking in: I MEAN EXACTLY. The show was pretty cool and the double-bass solo on the last song was brilliant. We hit up Hooters and McDonald’s and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment