Monday, February 21, 2011

Underoath

Went to see Underoath exactly one week ago. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a show and a great while since I’ve been to a hardcore show. Excite. Also a while since I’ve been in San Fran. Headed early-ish with the mate Malcolm. Wanted to re-live the old days of when we used to wait 10 hours in line and meet all the band people. Left around 1:30 and got there at 3ish but took like an hour to find a parking garage because I ain’t going back to the one that closes at 10/10:30 and made me miss half of A Day To Remember’s set last Spring. Found a new garage (blocks away, but still ace - it’s a 24hour joint). Got in line then met up with a mate I’ve made, from Oakland, since we’re always at the same shows. Very ace. Cold as fuck. Went to a BevMo for the shitter and by the way, this was Malcolm and my first time in one. It was not only bloody warm, as in you could feel the warm in your veins but held beverages - alcoholic -  of all kinds. Wines, liquor, England imports, etc. It was heaven. Chilled in there for a bit and had a laugh, a couple actually. Plus is was warm. Headed out to the venue again, only across the street, and chatted it up in the cold. Got in and the show was good. I had something to prove to myself. I’m 22, not old, I know but still… The opening band was mint. No vocals but two 8-string guitars with mental rhythm and riffs. (yes plz.) A Skylit Drive was rad and if the one song they played off their upcoming album is any indication of their new material, then bloody yes! Thursday was beyond good. I don’t really feel them on their albums but live was another thing. Bravo. They did their 10th anniversary of their album and played it in it’s entirety. Dear AFI, The Art Of Drowning’s 10th anniversary was last year. You’re late. Play that in it’s entirety. NOW! Love, Crumpcunt. Anyways. Underoath was mint. It was interesting and I really wanted to see the dynamic now that Aaron is gone. Since the last time I saw them, Warped Tour 2009, changes happened. Spencer upgraded his wardrobe. New converse and spanking new trousers. He kept the t-shirt. I guess it still has some wear in it. Spencer did great with the vocals. Of course I miss Aaron but bravo Spee. There was only one old song from They’re Chasing Safety that I kept hearing Aaron’s voice but it’s expected. Overall: ACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment